[This mod replaces an older version, which is now marked "Old Version"]
The vanilla livestock farms allow cattle and sheep to be kept in very close quarters with no food, and the animals don't stay in fences unless they are a certain diameter. This mod adds more livestock types and provides the opportunity to raise them intensively or on pastures, with more realistic food and space requirements. You can also fully utilise each animal for meat, milk or wool.
Livestock farms unlock at 1 Commoner.
Cattle Farm (2 options)
- Cattle can produce meat or milk. Cattle produce more milk per animal than other livestock.
- Cattle can be raised intensively with the Cattle Yard and Hay Meadows, or with a Cattle Barn and Cattle Pastures.
- Each intensive Cattle Yard should be paired with 1-2 Hay Meadows.
- Cattle Barn should have 4-5 Cattle Pastures.
- Process the cattle at the Cattle Pen (slaughter or milk).
- If you use the intensive Cattle Yard, make sure to clear away the dung with a Dung Heap. Otherwise the workplace will fill up and stop producing.
Sheep Farm (2 options)
- Sheep are the most versatile livestock: they can produce meat, milk or wool.
- Sheep can be raised intensively with the Sheep Yard and Hay Meadows, or with the Sheep Fold and pastures.
- Each intensive Sheep Yard should be paired with 1-2 Hay Meadows.
- The Sheep Fold requires that you paint the pasture area. Sheep will spawn in the pasture at the beginning of the month.
- Process the sheep at the Sheep Pen (slaughter, shear or milk).
- If you use the intensive Sheep Yard, make sure to clear away the dung with a Dung Heap. Otherwise the workplace will fill up and stop producing.
- Goats produce either meat or milk. Goats are less expensive to buy initially than sheep or cattle.
- Goats can only be kept in Pastures which you paint like farm fields.
- Process the goats in the Goat Pen (slaughter or milk).
- Pigs only produce meat, but they can produce more quickly in a smaller area than any other livestock.
- To feed the pigs, build a Feed Silo and stock it with Wheat, Milk and Vegetables to make Animal Feed.
- The Pig Yard will then feed the pigs with Animal Feed.
- Process the pigs in the Slaughter Pen.
- Remember to take away Dung to keep the Yard clear.
- The butcher takes carcasses produced by Slaughter Pens and produces Meat, which is sold to villagers.
- The butcher has a table for selling, or Meat can be sold at any Food market. If you use the butcher table for selling you do not need to store Meat in a granary.
- The creamery takes Milk and produces Butter, which can be sold to villagers.
- The creamery has a table for selling, or Butter can be sold at any Food market. If you use the creamery table for selling you do not need to store Butter in a granary.
- The chandlery makes candles from tallow (animal fat) and wood.
- The chandlery has a table for selling, or Candles can be sold at any Goods market. If you use the chandlery table for selling you do not need to store Candles in a warehouse.
- Tallow is generated at Slaughter Pens. It is not a resource you can store but your chandler should always have access to it if there is a slaughter pen built.
- Available from the Walls menu.
Many thanks to Minotorious for developing the animal movement code!