Like my mods? Please support me on Paypal, and let me know on Discord what content you'd like to see next!
I love variety and a more realistic food supply for my villages. Poultry and vegetables are basic foods that every village would have in medieval times.
- You can only start your first poultry farm once you have bought eggs from the Northbury trader. For instance you'll need 30 eggs to establish your first chicken farm.
- Chickens and Geese require a house and 3-5 flocks of birds per house. Poultry re-spawn every two weeks.
- Chickens can produce either Eggs or Poultry.
- Geese, Duck Ponds, and Dovecotes produce only Poultry.
- Dung is collected from the farm at the Dung Heap, and turned into Compost for vegetables.
- There are two options, a free-form farm like wheat farms, or simple fixed field farms.
- The free-form farm requires both field workers and a processing worker, but produces more per acre of land than the simple field farms.
- Once you build a free-form farm you need to paint the crop field.
- You need compost and water to grow vegetables.
- The differences between vegetables are visual only.
- Simple farm fields can be snapped close together or spaced out with paths in between each field. A fence can be snapped onto each field if desired.
- The cart acts like a market table and requires vegetables to be in a granary in order to sell them to villagers.
- Available from the Walls menu.
- Many thanks to Minotorious for developing the animal movement code!